Monday 30 October 2017

Endpapers 1

Near the old school grounds, there's a canal path.  Leads to a tunnel.  I find myself troubled by that.  Why build a school so near a canal?  The towpath was all speckled tarmac and dock leaves.  I didn't follow it far; it lead to a tunnel, and I didn't much fancy dodging pigeons and rats, or whatever it was in there making all the scrabbling noises.

Funny thing, there was an old warning sign pasted up, half illegible.  Some sort of taking-care-by-the-water thing I suppose.  Just made me laugh, 'cause it said WATCH OUT in big letters, right over the tunnel mouth.

This project is nearly at an end now; I feel like it's run its course and we've done what we needed to.  Here's the first of the endpapers, probably relating to something in one of the missing literacy sections  at a guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment